Lingerie secrets: showing off your bra
Many women wear tanks and vests in summer and when it comes to whether or not to show off the bra details each woman has her own opinion on it. Some think it’s inappropriate, others think it’s sexy and alluring. But you can always experiment and see what looks good or not and find appropriate time for showing off the details of your sexy lingerie.
There are many stylistic solutions when you might be showing off your bra or its little part. For instance, when you wear tank tops or vests your bra straps tend to stay uncovered or seen through your tank’s fabric. So if you have no problem with showing off your bra straps keep in mind that:
- worn-out, greasy, and old bra straps are absolutely unflattering;
- be careful with white bra straps, especially worn with other colors as they might become your stylistic mistake; white and beige bra straps do not always look good with white clothes not speaking about other colors so in case you are not sure go for black ones.
- choose the bra straps in tone or in contrast to your top, experiment and see which look best; the same is with wearing a see-through shirt or top;
- if your top’s straps are thin your bra straps should also be thin, especially if they are plain and made of fabric;
- if you wear decorative straps then you can opt for thicker straps;
- consider your bra straps as an accessory so that it would be easier for you to use the rules of wearing accessories;
If you don’t want to show off your bra straps then you can choose a bra with convertible straps or Victoria’s Secret multi-way bra with removable straps, which you can transform into several positions in order to disguise them. You can buy special ‘invisible’ removable straps. Racerback bra was specifically designed for wearing with tanks and tops. But you can also turn your regular bra racerback with racerback bra clip or barette.
Strapless or bandeau bra is another option, both lacks any straps, but if you want a smooth back your choice would be adhesive bra, which only has silicone cups that are applied and stuck to the breasts. Another option through which you can achieve smooth back and shoulders is a seamless bra.
In case if you want to show off your decollete you can show a little bit of your bra’s lace or otherwise decorated trim but be sure it is appropriate for the time and place. If you want to hide your bra and still wear low-neck shirt or dress your choice would be balconette or U-plunge bra. Balconette bra is great as it lifts your bust and will work with low-neck shirts. U-plunge bra is for deeper decollete, it shows off your shapely breasts and yet is not visible. Of course, if your decollete is too low, no bra will do. The only option for a more modest look is adhesive tape.
If your decollete is on the back then try low-back bra or use only one strap halterneck-style. Again adhesive bra is specially made for backless wear. Elain Cato has invented a breakthrough backless bra style, which positions the straps so they are hidden by the draping fabric of your backless attire.
Before showing off your bra trim make sure there is only a little part of it is shown, you wouldn’t want to go over the top with this. When showing off your decorative bra straps be sure they are in tune with the rest of your outfit and accessories.
- Related posts: